Saturday, October 16, 2010

Just because I need to rant...

Dear Charlotte,

These past seven months have been a real humdinger trying to potty train you. I wanted you to be well established before the baby came. Not that I am comparing, but Lyndon potty-trained in two weeks, even at night time. Okay, maybe I am comparing. We tried rewards, praise, sticker charts, surprise bag, toys, going to get ice cream with the family (your favorite thing to do) and all sorts of incentives.
You finally did it! I no longer had to be worried about smelling a certain aroma at the grocery store.

Then Ashtyn came.

I don't get it. Don't you want to get into a good university? Do you not want to marry well?
I asked you today as I was cleaning out your underwear (again) why you didn't just go in the potty anymore. Your response? "It takes to long Mommy". Oh well, in that case carry on.

Signed,
your tired, over-whelmed, sick of wiping your bottom Mommy.

P.S. Since our washing machine has been broken for 3 weeks and our new one doesn't arrive until Tuesday... can we just go in the potty for the next few days at least? Thanks.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so sorry. Potty training has got to be the worst part of parenting for me. I dread it from the moment the child is born and it grows in intensity until the trial has finally passed. I had to potty train triplets when Aiden was a baby and I've hated it ever since. Good luck.

Brooke said...

That sucks! I am so sorry because potty training is the worst! Good luck getting over this one soon!

Traci said...

unfortuntely, Charlotte is following the pattern of her mother.....sigh!

Karen S. said...

Thanks Mom! You probably wished it upon me.

Debbie said...

Kyra was pretty well trained before Grant was born, and when she regressed I didn't worry too much. I figured she'd adjust to the baby and then it would come back somehow.

Still waiting after 2.5 months . . .