Monday, December 20, 2010

Recent Words Around the House

I went Christmas shopping the other day but left the presents in the back of the van until the coast was clear. I forgot to take them out that night when the kids were asleep. In the garage after picking up Lyndon from school we were talking about going to Bass Pro to go see Santa later that day. I had asked Lyndon what he was going to ask Santa for. From the back I hear Charlotte announce "I got a brand new bike!" My heart stopped beating as I remembered the bike in the back of the van. Hoping she was just talking about asking Santa, I asked her for clarification "Are you going to ask Santa for a brand new bike?". "No" she said, "I already got one in the back in a box!"
Oops. We watched Mary Poppins for a family movie night recently. During the part where they're cleaning up the playroom, Lyndon turns to me and asks "Mommy, can you teach me to snap like that?"
I wish.

Clint and Lyndon stepped outside one morning on the way to school and it actually wasn't humid. Lyndon said "Daddy, it's a beautiful day. Not too hot, not too cold and not too warm!"

2 comments:

Tara said...

so cute. I love the pictures and the words! Aiden has come across some of his gifts before. It's rather frustrating.

Krista said...

That is a hilarious story! I laughed and laughed!