Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WITNESSETH:

WHEREAS, the year 2008 has come and gone and a new year is upon us;

WHEREAS, in life it is axiomatic that if one is not moving forward one is moving backward, but one is never standing still;

WHEREAS, the absence of goals in life leads to aimless wandering and life is too short for that;

WHEREAS, my wife, Karen, has a whole list of things that I need to improve on;

WHEREAS, I am presently, at least in terms of having some meaningful new year resolutions to work on, a very large and good-looking ship without a rudder;

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that I, Clinton Ross Snow, in the year two thousand and nine do hereby undertake to accomplish the following resolutions, achieve the following goals, realize the following aspirations and reap the rewards thereof:

I. Embark on no fewer than three separate camping outings with my family.

II. Finish reading The World is Flat and commence and complete reading The Appeal, Freakonomics, and A Thousand Splendid Suns.

III. Go fishing.

IV. Enjoy my family more.

V. Listen to Lyndon more attentively.

VI. Remodel at least one bathroom in our home.

VII. Use my free rapid reward roundtrip airfare ticket on Southwest to take Karen somewhere neither of us has been before (conspicuously absent from this resolution is any mention of taking the kids with us - Oh Nana, guess who's coming to visit for a while!).

VIII. Pay down our total household debt by $25,000.

IX. Laugh more.

X. Worry less.

What's with the ship, you ask? It's a painting of the HMS Resolution.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I am game........Nana!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

Hmmm...did someone have some practice reading/writing legal documents? :)