Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Things You Find...


...and wish you hadn't. In the time it takes to blog a new post, my kids can spray my entire new can of shaving gel on the coaches and floor. I bet it was fun. For them.
In the time it takes me to get Charlotte down for her nap, Lyndon can build a train. With everything in site.

By the time Clint got off work late one night... he found a hole in his dash. You know, where a cd player goes.

In the time it took me to put in one load of laundry. Charlotte can plug up both sinks, turn the water on full blast and play in the toothpaste. That causes about an inch of water on the floor, drenches a couple of feet of carpet by the door and ruins my six month supply of toilet paper. This time I didn't bother calling Poison Control.

Did I also mention that if this happens, and you store all your towels under the sink, you also increase your laundry by ten-fold.

This basket used to be lined with some cute material. Oh yeah, and had two handles. Apparently, baby beds don't.
Did I mention I was trying to do laundry? This basket did have clean towels in it.
What a week!

Now, where's my cellphone? (Yes, she can now open the fridge)
*sigh*
( I didn't take pictures of the shampoo slip 'n slide they made in the bathtub. I was also too mad to take a picture of them on Lyndon's top bunk with chocolate pudding cups they snatched out of food storage. I, of course, had just washed the sheets).
Laundry is my least favorite chore. What's yours?

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like a day at our house! I'm so glad that you can relate! :) At least they play together, mine are usually in different rooms making separate messes!

Tara said...

Wow. I just love moments like that! Bransen has been great at creating messes lately. My sister in law told me about some videos on youtube about Hilary Weeks. My favorite things, laundry, to do list. You should watch them they made me laugh.

Melanie said...

Oh Karen! This post made my week! Yes, week! So glad you have things like that happen too. Next time, crazy stuff happens here, I'll post. Maybe then it will make YOUR week.

larshannon said...

I totally understand. I think we should just stop doing laundry and everything will be better!

Brooke said...

Haha... My children would never make such poor decisions. I firmly believe that the comportment of your children is a reflection of the behavior of the parents.

p.s. (It is weird to be able to say "children" now)

Anonymous said...

that is so funny!
this is exactly why we love our kids.......

The Awesome Rawsons said...

oh gosh! written very cleverly, though. you'll be able to look back on all of those messes and laundry and laugh. and laundry is a thorn in my side. there are always piles of clean unfolded clothes all over my house because i am motivated enough by the desire to have clean clothes to wash and dry them, but not motivated enough to fold and put them away.