Friday, May 7, 2010

Hate Mail

Dear Second Trimester,
I've always awaited your arrival with great anticipation. I mark the date on my calender and even count down. You bring with your visit so many great gifts. Relief to dizziness, tiredness, throwing-up, nauseousness, food aversions, headaches and so much more.
Well, according to my calender you have come. In fact, you have been here for a few weeks. I've tried to be polite and not complain that you didn't bring any presents with you this time. But, I'm starting to get cranky.
So, thanks for coming... and bringing nothing but a bigger belly!
Your no longer loyal friend,
Karen

P.S. My poor little toe has finally healed since you let me break it on my bedpost in a rush to the bathroom. That may not have been so bad if I hadn't of stepped on a bee the day before with my other foot. It made it pretty hard to drive, or walk for that matter.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant when I went to the doctor yesterday and was looking forward to my second trimester SO MUCH. Well. It turns out I am only 7 weeks pregnant and still have 5 weeks to go :(

I am so sorry about your feet. Stubbing your toe is never fun.

kelgrandy said...

Oh, that stinks! I was sick with Ben until 2 weeks before he was born. It's miserable, waiting and waiting for the morning sickness to leave and never getting "that gift." I'm co-miserating with you girl! Sorry :(

Tara said...

wow. I'm so sorry. That does not sound fun at all. I hope you get those gifts soon. Sorry to hear about your feet too. Being sick with pregnancy and having to take care of your other two is hard enough but to add more immobility is rough. glad it's healing. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.