Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Camping Trip Pictures

We went camping last month at Brazos Bend State Park. I remember going there as a kid and it was neat to take my own kids. My brother was with us as well, the rest of his family was out of town.
We got there Friday night and ate the best dutch oven food and the kids did some s'mores as well. We slept without even a sheet on because it didn't quite cool down enough. The next morning it was great weather though. After we had some breakfast burritos and muffins we all went on a bike ride around the trails and lakes. We counted 6 alligators in the water on our trip. We even saw one jump out of the water to eat a low-flying bird. I had brought food for lunch but we ended up leaving after some snacks because it was getting to hot for the fat one (me).
It was a lot of fun and I only ended up with 9 chigger bites. That's good for me. I was the only one that got bit though of course.






2 comments:

Lindsey said...

i miss camping in texas!shoot, i miss texas!! you look great karen! and your family is so cute! i have a blog too, i thought it'd be fun to reconnect a little...my blog is therussellworld.blogspot.com
feel free to come by and see what we're up to!

Bonnie said...

I seem to attract all of the chiggars too. I wish it didn't feel so good to scratch them. I have no self control.