For Lyndon's party with his friends he wanted to have a pirate theme. We sent out some invitations printed out on yellowy paper with pirate looking text and wording. I crinkled them all up and tore and burned some of the edges to make it look like an old treasure map.
After everyone got there we handed out bandanas and had an obstacle course to prove they could be pirates. They had to dig out gold coins from a little baby pool of water, walk the plank under the spinklers, slide down the slide and tag the next person. We then played a game where I make a hole in the top of a box and taped crocodile pictures all on the sides and I made some black beanbags to be our cannonballs. The kids had to drop the cannonballs off the "ship" and make it into the hole to kill the crocodiles. We also played musical "islands". Just like musical chairs except I had cut islands out of brown grocery bags to be their islands instead of chairs.
I was getting hot so we went inside and had our pirate cupcakes (I went easy this year) and ice cream. We opened gifts and then we were ready for out treasure hunt. We had hidden clues all around the yard that eventually led up to the playroom. I had a big red "X" cut out of construction paper on top of a sheet. Under the sheet was all the take home goodies in little treasure chests. I had skull suckers, goldfish, Hershey gold nuggets, rolos, pirate rings and some skull gummy candy.
It was a lot of fun and glad I have a break until the fall!




No comments:
Post a Comment