Monday, July 25, 2011

Vacation – Day 6

We left Baltimore early Monday morning and took a train to NYC.  The train passes through some pretty rough areas that were getting me a little nervous.  The train stop in NYC wasn’t very nice either.  I saw my first homeless (assuming) person digging in the trash to take a swig of someone’s old coffee.  Sad.  I was so ready to get out of there that when we saw the huge line to get a taxi I convinced Clint we could just walk it.  After about 15 minutes of walking (while pulling luggage over uneven cement) we hailed a taxi, and glad we did!  We still had a while to go.222 163 After dropping our stuff at the hotel we headed to Central Park and took a tour around.  So nice to see some trees and grass again.172 175 178 181 This is the fountain in the show “Friends”.

184 190 Then we walked around 5th Avenue.  Notice I didn’t say “shopped”.191 We went to the Lego store in the Rockefeller Plaza.  Lyndon would have been in heaven.  192 193 194 We decided to go to the Top Of The Rock after lunch to see the city during the day.195 196 We went to the top of the Empire State Building to see it that night after dinner.198 201 202 203 205 212

1 comment:

Sandee said...

You got some great pictures! New York looks beautiful at night. One of these days I'll see it with my own eyes. :) Looks like fun!