Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crazy August

The end of August gets pretty busy for us.  Lyndon started 1st grade this year and we really like his new teacher.

A couple of days later is my birthday.  Clint surprised me this year with a breakfast where he informed me he had taken the day off work!  He had lined up a babysitter for the girls for lunch time where we tried out a new restaurant and did some shopping.  Since it was a surprise he had not told anyone and I had already told me friend I would babysit her daughter that day AND my Mom and sweet sister-in-law had come to surprise me with some treats and balloons.  It all worked out and was one of the best birthdays!

 A few days after my birthday is Ashtyn's.  She turned one! I made her this butterfly apple cake... and then our downstairs air conditioner broke. Seriously, it exploded.  The cake got melted to a blob and nobody even got to eat it. =(
 Notice the cupcake my cute neighbor made for her!

 It took almost a week before our air conditioner got replaced.  We also had family coming into town to visit, of course.  To stay out of the hot house I took Clint's brother and family to The Children's Museum:
 We also went to the Museum of Natural Science's Butterfly Exhibit:

 The beach:

 and the Zoo:




A couple of days after they got here we got our new a/c installed and running so nobody died.
Thanks for coming to visit us!

No comments: