This is Karen, I'm actually blogging!
So, I'm embarrassed to admit how old I was before I saw real snowflakes. I used to think that those big paper things you cut out in school came down when it snowed. I was not a kid anymore when I realized what snow really is, thanks to the dark notebook I was holding in my hands at the time. (That was when I was going to school in Utah so I was at least 17). Every flake really does look different! It wasn't soon after that that I didn't find the cold and wet stuff very fun anymore.
Yesterday, I was in my warm house (where I spend most of the winter) when I happened to look out the window. To my disgusted suprise, it was snowing, and hard!
I found this song online (to the tune of "Let it Snow") and it sums up my love for this particular season.
I moved to back to Texas to avoid this! Lubbock, in this aspect, has really let me down.
1. Oh, the traffic outside is frightful,
Accidents aren't so delightful,
I'm stuck in this stop-and-go,
I hate snow, I hate snow, I hate snow.
2. Cars are having troubles stopping,
Each other they keep popping;
I am moving so really slow,
I hate snow, I hate snow, I hate snow.
When I make it back home tonight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm;
Because cutting wood really bites,
But I need more to stay warm.
3. Traffic is slowly dying,
While I sit here I keep crying,
Cause it just won't end, I know.
I hate snow, I hate snow, I hate snow.
When I make it back home tonight,
How I'll hate going out to the store;
And the crowds that I'll have to fight,
I am sure that they won't have any more.
4. Oh, the blizzard outside is frightful,
Snowflakes aren't so delightful,
I'm trapped with no place to go,
I hate snow, I hate snow, I hate snow.
Rain
4 days ago

1 comment:
If I could be the only one on the road after a snow storm, I would really enjoy driving in it.
Post a Comment