Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stop the Insanity!


I can't believe how incredibly busy we've been over the past month or two. Even though I posted eight different articles on our blog in the month of June, I feel like I've left my readers in the dark with regard to at least 50% of the things that have happened to us in the past four weeks. For instance: we closed on our house in Dallas, we've travelled to Dallas to stay the weekend in our new home and to make sure all systems (most importantly the sprinkler variety) are go and to check out our new church ward, we've got all of the utilities, insurance, and security services lined up for our new home (which took no small effort), our kids have been to the doctor for their regular checkups (Charlotte and Lyndon are in the 90th and 40th percentiles for their height and the 80th and 50th percentiles for their weight, respectively, and I've been on four different work-related road trips (to Dallas once, Amarillo twice, and San Angelo once) ... the list goes on. This week we're headed to Houston to celebrate Papa and Grandmama Newell's 50th wedding anniversary and the 4th of July. Two weeks after that, Karen and the kids are going to be on their way to Dallas - for keeps this time. I'm telling you the insanity has got to stop!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...hope you can sense my sarcasm. I like the summer to be slow and relaxing, not crazy busy. But, congrats on the new home and job and the healthy children!

Tiffani said...

Ok, so I haven't been neglecting you, but since I changed my layout all of my faraway friend got deleted so I been slowly trying to find them all. Your life sounds as busy as mine. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the beautiful new home in Dallas. Those hectic time will slow down and soon you'll be able to have a well earn rest and enjoying all you and your family deserves.