We went when my parents were in town a couple of weeks ago. I must admit that prior to our trip to the fair, I was a State Fair virgin. I don't think my parents ever entertained the idea of driving to Dallas to go to the fair. I wonder why? Sure, I've been to local county fairs. But they don't have giraffes to pet! We had fun, but it was hot. We actually spent most of our time at the auto show where there was air conditioning. One of my favorite things we saw at the fair was the only trumpet playing robot in the world!
Here is a collage of some of the things we saw and did:
1- 4H had a farming community for kids. It was really neat. The kids got to put on aprons, feed animals, ride on tractors, pick up the veggies, wool, milk, etc. that they produced. Trade it into the General Store for some fake money. They then got to pick out something from the store. We got a granola bar and a couple ice cream treats.2- Lyndon riding on the carousel.
3- Big Tex all blown up. Apparantly he is the Mascot for the fair. Who knew?
4- Cool trains that were going around Big Tex's feet.
5- A huge pig that was nursing her babies. "Just like Charlotte!" Lyndon was really interested in that concept.
6- The tractor he rode on as a farmer.
7- Huge pumpkins a man was carving. He was really good.
8- A camel at the petting zoo.
9- What's a party without some neon signage?
10- A baby buffalo at the petting zoo.
11- An airplane ride Lyndon rode on all by himself.
12- A giraffe at the petting zoo. Lyndon with Nana (who will hate this pic).
13- More of the realistic trains. Lyndon could have watched that all day.
14- Toyota Robot.
15- A finished pumpkin.
16- Lyndon riding a hot wheel. I also took a video. Turns out he cannot steer. I found that amusing because he's great at riding a bike.
Oh, Charlotte was there too:

3 comments:
It sounds fun! Shane wanted to go...maybe next year. I've never seen a happier looking pig! I'm going to invite myself up there one of these weekends to get away, seein' as how you guys know how to have fun. (it's possible in a city more than 100,000 people, apparently!)
Puts the south plains fair to shame that is for sure!! Looks like it was a lot of fun!!
I have to agree with both comments...I do have to say i think that fair pretty much put Greeley's fair down the toilet hole! I miss you guys so much! A part of me is missing here in Lubbock! I hope to get away one of these weekends to come see you! Ya'll really know how to keep yourselves entertained! The kids are beautiful and cute as ever! Give them both a huge hug and kiss and tell them Aunt Sandee loves them tons!
Post a Comment