Monday, March 2, 2009

Project: Complete





Clint had finished all the last touches late one night when Lyndon was in bed. When Lyndon awoke the next morning to find the finished product he ran into his room and got dressed faster than I ever knew he was capable of. He ran outside and started swinging. When Clint went outside, Lyndon exlaimed "Daddy, this is sooo cool! Thank you!" I think it made all the Saturdays filled with this project worth it. Lyndon's favorite things are the Pirate's telescope and the swing. He can't get on a swing at the park by himself because the ground is usually dug out underneath. Our little pocket park we go to the most down the street actually doesn't even have swings. It was well worth the money. Lyndon is out there every day, cold or hot, for up to several hours. Yeah for me! Thanks Daddy!!!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

It looks like so much fun! I'm glad that Clint was able to do this so Lyndon (and eventually Charlotte) can have so much fun! Yay for fun times outside!

Collin & Liana Kraus said...

Wow, that is awesome!!!! I know how Collin is after he finishes a big project-isn't it funny how it really does make you as happy or more than the kids!?

Daniel said...

Ummm, is it just me or is your dog pooping under Lyndon's new swing set in that last picture??

Lyle said...

Clint, you're hired. My kids will be so excited [or will they be disappointed when I tell them that you just couldn't make the 600 mile drive, sacrifice at least 3 days away from your family, and only get paid in Monopoly money?]

Score another point for the "cool dad" team.

Melanie said...

how fun!!! so glad clint was able to do that for the kiddos. where did you guys buy it? trying to convince brett, but i don't think he wants to be working on it forever. ;)

Bonnie said...

I think Clint should be up for the Father of the Year Award! Good Job!

Tiffani said...

Can Clint come build us one too? That is a kids heaven, totally awesome!

Traci said...

I am so totally impressed and proud that he learned how to build it from me! :-)

emblair said...

That's the perfect playground! Where did you guys get it? I've been looking around a bunch for one I like but have yet to find the perfect one!