Thursday, July 5, 2012

Camping at the Lake

In February we went to a camping at a State Park we had never been to before called Lake Livingston, just north of Houston.

We went with my brother and his family and we rented these screened in cabins that were a lot better than tents.  There was a sleeping loft on top and a picnic table underneath WITH A CEILING LIGHT!  That was so nice to have!  The first night was great weather and the kids rode bikes and we had a campfire with yummy dutch oven cooking and smores.LK-Livingston_3035 The next morning Clint was fishing with the kids when a storm literally just rolled in.  You could see it coming across the lake.  Here is a picture I took, by the time I grabbed the camera most of the smooth lake was gone but you can still see a little left as the storm was moving.  It seriously hit me where I was standing 5 seconds after I snapped this shot and it dropped 30 degrees.

184 

I sat in the car with Ashtyn and Clint loaded up the rest of our stuff because I hate the cold. Really, really, hate.  I know it’s a strong word.

So I sat in the car taking a few pictures out my window while he loaded up the truck.

189  195 191

This is what the lake looked like by the time we were ready to go.199

No comments: