Monday, July 2, 2012

Houston Arboretum

In February (yes, we were wearing shorts already) I ventured out again to somewhere in Houston that I had never been to before as part of my "Seeing Houston" goal this year.  We went to the Houston Arboretum.  It was a lot of fun, but very different from what I was expecting.  The Dallas Arboretum is beautiful but all the flowers and plants the gardeners put in and is well manicured.  The Houston Arboretum is much more wild with five miles of trails runnning through.  It is still very beautiful, just in a different way.  It was great to get out and let the kids just run around, enjoy nature, play with my camera, poke things with sticks and look for animals.  Best part: it was FREE!  We will go there again.
 






























2 comments:

Sandee said...

That actually looks really fun! Next time we come to visit I choose to go there! And by then...Jake will be here and he can enjoy the view as well. :)

Tara said...

not what I would have first pictured either but it does look fun!