
Last Tuesday, Karen enrolled Lyndon in swim lessons at the YWCA, which is almost in our backyard. From the minute he got in the pool to the minute he got out, he was living it up. He's quite the little fish.

We only had one problem at the first lesson and it was a problem with the physical surroundings at the lesson, not one of behavior (thank goodness). You see, since the shallow end of the pool is too deep for little guys like ours to stand up and have their heads above water, the YWCA built a little blue and yellow underwater platform surrounded by rail piping for the little ones to stand on while in the pool. At the outset of the lesson, the instructor laid down the ground rules - er, pool rules - one of which, is that the kids had to stand on the yellow part of the platform (the flooring) and not the railing. Lyndon, bless his heart, tried to comply with the rule, but, alas, his physical stature was not sufficient to give his head a comfortable clearance from the surface of the water. With his nose in the air and his ears almost under water he was frantically calling out, "Daddy! I need you Daddy! Daddy, I need you"! I told him he was allowed to break the rule and stand on the railing since he was too short. In his defense, he is the youngest swimmer in the group and, not surprisingly, the shortest. Although he is definitely his mother's son in terms of his height compared to his contemporaries.

Although we had our camera on hand for the first lesson, we neglected to take any pictures. Today was his second lesson and we caught lots of his water wiggles on memory card (that just doesn't sound the same as "film"). I thought I'd share them with our faithful viewers. I guess you unfaithful viewers can see them too.
1 comment:
Looks like fun...we start swim lessons on Monday!
Post a Comment