Monday, April 6, 2009

Coming Out

Consider yourselves warned. The picture you are about to view is not for the faint of heart nor for those with feeble knees. In fact, if you're not seated, I would highly recommend you find a place for your posterior before scrolling down.

I knew Karen would never blog about the picture I am about to post, because, quite frankly, she is embarassed by what I have become and who I really am. So, I've commandeered the computer and hacked into her blog account so I can pull back the green curtain on this secret life that Karen has so diligently strived to hide from our friends and family.

Let me just say that every family has their dirty little secrets, their skeletons, that they'd just as soon keep in the family closet. Our family is no different but our skeleton is particularly shameful. Shameful!

Let me also say that this condition, my condition, did not come into existence yesterday. I have had these tendencies for almost as long as I can remember. I won't delve into the murky waters of the debate over whether they are the product of nature or nurture; I suppose the two possibilities are not mutually exclusive. Suffice it to say that whether nature or nurture or both, I am what I am and I make no apologies for it. I'm coming out...

I'm a scout! More specifically, an Assistant Scout Master!

...and this fish was a honker!



Turns out old scouts never die. They just go into hybernation until they are summoned forth by the powers that be to become leaders of the next generation of scouts.

3 comments:

larshannon said...

true, a scout never dies (or the smell he brings home after a campout)

Brooke said...

I absolutely agree with Laura, the scout never dies...ever! Great fish Clint. Karen, I don't blame you for keeping the picture behind the curtain. ;)

taffy said...

The scout never dies just gains the ability to purchase more "gear", which is why my husbands call as a young mens president has earned us lots of points at REI. Not to mention the fact that he and the other leaders often outnumber the scout and spend lots of time trying to convince the boys because they love it more.