Friday, March 14, 2008

Going, going, GONE!


Well, after half a day on the market, our house is sold. I'm not sure what took our real estate agent so long to find a buyer.

We spoke with Lori Manning of Remax last week about listing our house, but told her that we needed to finish up some painting in our bathroom remodel project before we officially listed it on the MLS. She had a realtor friend that had a young couple looking for a house "in the 60's" and they came to look at the house yesterday.

Lori officially listed our house for sale on the MLS this morning and the couple made an offer on the house shortly afterwards. We counteroffered and they accepted. That's all she wrote.

We sold it for $67,900 - exactly what we were asking for it - and agreed to pay a portion of the buyer's closing costs.

We're signing the contract this afternoon and closing in 45 days. Now all we need to do is figure out where wer're going to live May through August. I hear the KOA has some camping spots available....

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats, I'm not so sure I believe those sorry fools who think we're in a bad real estate market! I'm excited we'll be close to help you move, particularly because you're traveling so far to help us! Thanks in advance for your sacrifice. We'll see you in a week and a half!

Briena Harris said...

That's awesome. Good luck finding somewhere else to live for a few months. But so exciting. Again, you are welcome back here in Utah...lol!

Lyle said...

Where's the justice in your "less than a week" to my "over 4 months"?

I suppose I ought to be happy for you, so okay, I'll put on a smile :D.

So are you moving on up to the 4th ward?

Tiffani said...

Congratulations on selling your home! Perhaps I have been in California too long, but it is hard to believe that houses sell for that inexpensive! Maybe we should sell our house and move to Texas.