A couple of weeks ago, I made the mistake of letting Lyndon "drive" around the storage facility after we dropped off a load of "clutter" in an effort to make our house look more appealing to potential buyers. He was so excited that he got to drive like a big boy that he came home and told mommy all about it. Sounds pretty cute huh?
Well, I've created a monster.
There's nothing cute about him telling me twenty times every time I get in the car with him that "it's my turn to drive Daddy"! and then sulking when I don't let him drive us to the store.
Last Saturday, Karen and I were out shopping for an apartment to live in after we close on our house next month, and Lyndon behaved exceptionally well the entire time. As a reward, I let him drive around one of the apartment complexes. He was on cloud nine.
I knew it wasn't going to be easy getting him out of the driver seat, so I told him "okay Lyndon, once we get back to the swimming pool, it's my turn to drive." That worked really well. When we got back around to the swimming pool, we pulled over and put him back in his car seat. What we didn't expect was what happened next. As we pulled out of the parking lot of the apartment complex, a little voice from the back seat said, "when we get back to the swimming pool, it's my turn to drive. Okay Daddy"? After a good laugh, I said "okay." Needless to say, we never made it back to the swimming pool.

4 comments:
so now brynlee is obessed with watching this video! "wana watch lyndon driving"
So funny! He looks like a pretty good driver too for a 2 year old.
Hey Clint--what a fun surprise to hear from you on my blog! I'm glad you came across mine. It will be fun to catch up and stay in touch. And of course I remember the trek we did...we had the best family!
And your little guy is super cute driving the car. My little Molly became infatuated with "driving" last summer on the lake. Only problem is, now she calls anything with a steering wheel a "boat." Gets kinda confusing for others sometimes!
Mr George would tell you that he needs a "drivers license"!!
Post a Comment