Monday, March 10, 2008

Wanna Be Like Mike?

"Where did you find that picture of a headless chicken"?, she asks. "That's gross"!, she says. "I like your headless chicken.", they say.

Well, after several comments on the picture of the decapitated chicken I posted in "Mad Scramble," I thought I'd take a few moments to introduce you all to Mike. Mike is, or at least should be, an inspiration to us all. He is one of those that makes lemonade from the proverbial lemons of life. You see, Mike is the headless chicken whose likeness has stirred all the recent emotion.

If you have a few minutes, you should take the time to read up on Mike and see what makes him such an inspirational figure. You can learn all about him at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_headless_chicken.

When I'm down and out thinking life has been unfair or unkind, I think about how Mike literally had his head handed to him but still made the best of things and managed to become one of the wealthiest chickens in history. Mike, this post is for you. God rest your determined soul.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Daniel said...

I love the school yard chant "Mike, Mike, where's your head? Even without it, you're not dead!" Your post gave me a good laugh for a good while.