Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

The national unemployment rate will hold steady this coming August because we will be moving from my current position at the U.S. bankruptcy court here in Lubbock to my new position at Gardere in Dallas at the first of that month.

I accepted Gardere's offer of employment yesterday evening. I wrote Cotton Bledsoe this morning to inform them of the change in my situation and they responded by telling me that I was supposed to have been communicated an offer from the firm yesterday. I was expecting to hear from them yesterday, so when no one called I assumed something unexpected had happened at the shareholder meeting on Saturday and that I would be receiving a rejection letter in the mail soon.

Anyway, we will be heading to Dallas around the first of August, and I begin my new job at Gardere on August fourth. I'm really looking forward to it. We're already scouring the Internet for a place to live. If you're in Dallas and have some suggestions for nice areas to live in that are not too far from downtown Dallas, I'd sure love to talk to you.

Tomorrow, Karen and I celebrate our 5th anniversary - someone please remind Karen that the 5th anniversary is the Wii anniversary (afterall, isn't that what tax rebates/economic stimulus payments are for?)!
By the way, we closed on the sale of our house yesterday. Kind of a sad day but kind of a happy day at the same time.

1 comment:

Briena Harris said...

Congrats, but thats not closer to Utah. But I do have an Aunt and Uncle is Fort Worth, they love it there. Good luck with the move and everything else. It sounds like a busy but exciting time for you guys.