Monday, April 28, 2008

Wedding Bells

Thirty years of bachelorhood came to a shrieking halt this past Saturday for my older brother Rhett. That's one more menace off the streets.

Rhett and Melissa (Missy) Lemon were married for time and all eternity in the Lubbock, Texas temple on April 26, 2008. I've never seen Rhett looking so happy. His smile was contagious. Missy looked happy too, but, since I haven't known her for as long, it's not saying much when I say she looked the happiest that I've ever seen her. Congratulations Rhett and Missy and best wishes in your new life together.
The wedding brought my whole family together for the first time in a long time. Shane and Brooke drove up from Midland with their four kids; Mom and Dad came up from Midland with Anna Estrada who is living with them for the time being and is a good friend of ours; Natalie flew down from Provo; and Sandee, Karen, and I didn't have to drive far to attend the festivities.

After the wedding and photographs, we all went to a fancy Chinese restaurant for the wedding luncheon (mad props to Mom and Dad for picking up the tab). Of course, we all got fortune cookies at the end of the meal. Rhett's fortune said "Today you should try something new." He said, "I think I'll do that!"

Their reception is this weekend, so we'll be making a pilgramage to Midland soon.

No comments: