Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

This is a picture of the pumpkin that Lyndon Mod-Podged with tissue paper at his Preschool Halloween party. On Friday Clint was out of town, but lucky for me so was my brother! My sis-in-law and kids came over and spent the night with us so we could play. I love having family close by!
Above is a picture of Kaylee and Charlotte before we went to a Trunk or Treat party. Below is Kaylee enjoying her cupcake at the party. She didn't see a reason to do the cake walk, she just went and grabbed a cupcake. Smart girl.

Friday night we had the Trunk or Treat at our church. Inside the gym they had lots of games to play. My kids enjoyed trying to eat a donut off a string, a balloon room (just balloons all over the floor to run and kick), bowling with a little pumpkin, fishing for candy and most of all; the cake walk. There was a spook alley that Lyndon actually wanted to go into but I wouldn't let him. I knew it would be way to scary for him. When it came time to actually go Trunk or Treating we went about halfway before I decided we already had enough candy! Charlotte wore the dragon costume Lyndon wore a few years ago (if you go back far enough on our blog you can find it) and Lyndon wore his Spiderman costume that he had got for his birthday in June. I made Lyndons bag with some cheap felt and Charlotte had a smaller version that my Mom had given her.
Saturday morning we had some yummy Pumpkin Pancakes (I'll post the recipe on my recipe blog) and Lyndon had his Championship Soccer Game that afternoon. They were undefeated until last week (not because Lyndon was a big help) and on Saturday they played the team again to determine who got into First Place. Lyndon's team won, and it was actually a really good game. It was very close and everyone was playing very aggresively. There was no bunch ball clusters. Lyndon even got knocked over once and got right back up. They got the first place trophy that is an inch taller than everyone else's. I'll have to take a picture of it, he is quite proud of it.
After his game, we came back home for our Neighborhood Party in our culd-e-sac. There was a chili, dessert, and cornbread cookoff. Clint got home soon after and we went door to door trick or treating on our street. The kids had fun. We came home after that and passed out some candy to the few late night stragglers we had knock on our door.
We hope everyone else enjoyed their silly holiday too!

2 comments:

Tara said...

looks and sounds like you guys had a fun weekend with lots of halloween events. cute pictures

Barb said...

I can't believe how hilarious your life is! Reading your blog made me remember sooo much from about 30 years ago! Keep up the great work - with the kids and the blog!