Clint graduated in May with a joint MBA/JD degree. After 22 years, I think he is finally done with school! He took the bar in July, and, to our relief, he passed (not that I doubted in his ability). He studied hard for a long time, and we are glad to have him back in our lives. He is really enjoying his job working for Judge Jones at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas. Unfortunately, it is only a temporary clerkship, so we will be here in Lubbock only until August 2008. We are excited to see what else the Lord has in store for us.
Clint is still the Elders Quorum President—running on three years now. He misses the calling he had at BYU, Assistant Sacrament Coordinator, but enjoys getting to know all of the Elders and their families.
For the first time in my life, I broke a bone in my body. Sadly, it was while I was on vacation, pregnant, and right before our fourth anniversary. I was trying to save a little girl from a scraggly old man who was chasing her with a rusty, jagged piece of metal and looked like he was really going to hurt her. I jumped up and kicked him between the shoulder blades and put him on his face, but I landed on my elbow on the way down. Okay, so I tripped and fell in my brother-in-law’s driveway while holding Lyndon. Either way, I had a “transverse fracture of the olecranon process of the ulna,” i.e., I broke the tip of my elbow. We had to cut our vacation short to get back home for surgery, which thankfully never had to happen. I would not recommend changing diapers with one arm, they just don’t stay on as good as they should. On the upside, my arm healed just in time to have Charlotte! Everything is good now, and neither Charlotte nor Lyndon suffered any repercussions. The Primary President was relieved she didn’t have to find a new Nursery Leader.
Learning to manage two kids was a challenge at first, but things are looking up, and I think I am getting the hang of it now. It’s funny; I thought I was busy with one. What was I thinking?
Lyndon is getting so big and growing up on us very fast. He is quick to inform everyone that he is a “big boy” now, except when he doesn’t want to do something I've asked him to do, then he reminds me, “you can do it Mommy, you’re a big girl.” He is speaking very well now and loves to dance, sing, and listen to us read to him. He also loves his new baby sister. He likes to hold her (even if it’s not for long) and give her kisses. I love to hear his reply when she starts to cry—“just a minute baby Charlotte, I’m coming!” To my great relief he is now also diaper free!
Charlotte was born on October 11th, after much anticipation. She is a great joy in our lives. We love the newly-reached milestone of cooing and smiling. It’s a HUGE blessing that she is a great sleeper for us, sometimes only waking up once during the night to eat. She is healthy and doing well.
We hope everyone is enjoying this time of the year when our hearts are turned to our Savior, Jesus Christ, and making memories with our families. We wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Love,
The Snow Family

1 comment:
I love the update, we miss you guys. I never realized that Charlotte's birthday is the same as my mom's. Now I will never forget. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment