Sunday, December 16, 2007

Texas Snowmen (and a Snowwoman too!)

Yesterday morning I awoke to a strange sight. As I sauntered into the laundry room, only half awake, to fill Buster's food bowl, something outside the window didn't look quite right. It was too bright outside for seven o'clock in the morning. Upon closer inspection, I realized it had snowed during the night! The ground was covered in snow. Lyndon, the impetus for the early departure from my cozy bed, was elated to see the blanket of newly-fallen, frozen precipitate (at least that's what he called it).

It had snowed less than an inch, but we were just as excited to see the inch as we would have been had it snowed six inches.

When it warmed up a little, we went outside to build Lyndon's very first snowman. Looking at our snowman, one need not wonder for long why it is that Texas has the reputation (after Utah that is) for having the best snow on Earth. Look at how perfectly white our snowman is! There's not a single leaf or a blade of grass packed in it.

It's a good thing it snowed as much as it did. Had it snowed any less, we would of had to settle for building a snowmouse instead.

1 comment:

The Tate's said...

Hey Snow family,
I am so glad to see you guys are bloggers too. I must say I am glad that I missed that snow fall. Good for you guys for getting out and playing in it. Karen thanks for the Crockpot recipe website. I will for sure be using it when we get back home. I am going to have to show these pictures to Jeffry...he will love to see Lynden in the snow. Have a Merry Christmas you guys!!!